37th Annual Chugwater Chili Cook-Off & Roundup
Wyoming’s State Championship Chili Cook-Off
Saturday June 17th, 2023
Join us on Saturday, June 17, 2023 for the 37th Annual Wyoming State Championship Chili Cook-off. Festivities will take place in Staats Park in Chugwater, Wyoming!
The cook-off began in 1986 as a way to celebrate the best chili and the best town, together. Now, the cook-off has grown to the largest single-day event in the state. As a registered non-profit organization, all funds raised are invested back into the Chugwater community to help the town continue to flourish. We proudly support our local Economic Development Center and Historical Group, as well as our local schools, volunteer Fire Department, and Community Center. In addition, a portion of funds raised go toward a scholarship fund. We hope to see you this year as you join the thousands of individuals that are welcomed into our great community where time moves slower and smiles are bigger!
There’s something for the whole family in 2023!
- Chili and Salsa tasting! Don’t miss your chance to cast your vote for the People’s Choice award for the best tasting chili and salsa in the state!
- Our first-ever Cobbler cook-off and tasting!
- CASH prizes to our Green Chili, Salsa, and Cobbler cooks! Anyone and everyone is encouraged to enter!
- Live music!
- Complimentary horse-drawn wagon rides!
- Car Show complete with trophies and a winner’s parade!
- Jalapeño and pie-eating contests! Enter at your own risk!
- A cornhole tournament open to the public to enter! Don’t miss your chance at winning a fantastic prize!
- A kid’s corner complete with fantastic new games and activities for the little ones!
- Shopping at our food and product vendors
- Adults-only Beer Tent
- A Ranch Rodeo with Bronc Rides!
Stay tuned for the announcement of our 2023 entertainment!
The cook-off is a nationally recognized event through the Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI.) It is open to anyone with a passion for chili, whether it’s cooking it, tasting it or celebrating it!
Chugwater K9 Classic
The 2nd Annual Chugwater K9 Classic will be held in conjunction with the Cookoff this year! The Chugwater K9 Classis features a dog-friendly half marathon, 10k, and 5k. This year, it will also feature a Kid’s Fun Run. The race will end at the Annual Chugwater Chili Cook-Off in the park. To learn more, please visit their website at https://www.wyrunning.com/chugwater-k9-classic.
Supporting Local Communities
Your support of our event since 1986 benefits our community, including local nonprofit groups like the Chugwater School Student Organizations (FFA and FBLA), Chugwater Volunteer Fire Department, Chugwater Historical Unity Group, Chugwater Housing and Economic Development and the Chugwater Community Center.
Join us every year!
The Chugwater Cook-Off is always the third Saturday of June (the Saturday before Father’s Day). What a great tradition to kick off Father’s Day weekend every year!