36th Annual Chugwater’s Chili Cook-Off & Roundup
Wyoming’s State Championship Chili Cook-Off
Saturday June 18th, 2022
Join us on Saturday, June 18, 2022 for the 36th Annual Wyoming State Championship Chili Cook-off. We have some exciting new changes taking place this year, including a new name. Join us at Staats Park in Chugwater, Wyoming to join in on Chugwater’s Chili Cook-off and Roundup!
The cook-off began in 1986 as a way to celebrate the best chili and the best town, together. Now, the cook-off has grown to the largest single-day event in the state. As a registered non-profit organization, all funds raised are invested back into the Chugwater community to help the town continue to flourish. We proudly support our local Economic Development Center and Historical Group, as well as our local schools, volunteer Fire Department, and Community Center. This year, we are excited to implement a scholarship fund with a portion of the funds raised. We hope to see you this year as you join the thousands of individuals that are welcomed into our great community where time moves slower and smiles are bigger!
There’s something for the whole family in 2022!
- Chili and Salsa tasting! Don’t miss your chance to cast your vote for the People’s Choice award for the best tasting chili and salsa in the state!
- Our first-ever Cobbler cook-off and tasting!
- CASH prizes to our Green Chili, Salsa, and Cobbler cooks! Anyone and everyone is encouraged to enter!
- Live music!
- Complimentary horse-drawn wagon rides!
- Car Show complete with trophies and a winner’s parade!
- Jalapeño and pie-eating contests! Enter at your own risk!
- A cornhole tournament open to the public to enter! Don’t miss your chance at winning a fantastic prize!
- A kid’s corner complete with fantastic new games and activities for the little ones!
- Shopping at our food and product vendors
- Adults-only Beer Tent
- A Ranch Rodeo with Bronc Rides!
Stay tuned for the announcement of our 2022 entertainment!
The cook-off is a nationally recognized event through the Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI.) It is open to anyone with a passion for chili, whether it’s cooking it, tasting it or celebrating it!
Chugwater School is having its 2nd 5k race on Saturday morning, June 18th! The race starting point is located at the school and will end at the Annual Chugwater Chili Cook-Off in the park. All proceeds from the race will go directly back into the school for all student and staff needs so please join us for a fun time and support our local school!
Stay tuned for additional information!
Supporting Local Communities
Your support of our event since 1986 benefits our community, including local nonprofit groups like the Chugwater School Student Organizations (FFA and FBLA), Chugwater Volunteer Fire Department, Chugwater Historical Unity Group, Chugwater Housing and Economic Development and the Chugwater Community Center.
Join us every year!
The Chugwater Cook-Off is always the third Saturday of June (the Saturday before Father’s Day). What a great tradition to kick off Father’s Day weekend every year!